Hi guys, isn’t it kind of funny how simple it is to make your own foam hand soap, yet we don’t even think about it! I mean, I’ve heard of this for years now, yet, I never even tried it until recently.
I’ll be using the method soap that I got from Target.
I have no issues with the dish soap version and it will be diluted and not concentrated when I use it. If you have sensitive skin, eczema, etc. please use your preferred soap! This is just MY preference, so please don’t come at me with your opinions on what to use and what not to use, lol, I’ve done my research, too! I might change things up once I’ve used up the rest of the soap, who knows ;D
• Hand Soap (concentrated, the thick kind, not the ones that are already watered down. The soap also has to lather up foam nicely, you know what I mean right? because there are some soap that is gel-like or goopy that doesn’t foam up at all, those are a no go for me.)
• Foam dispenser (you need a dispenser that foams up the soap for this to work, the regular dispenser will just spit out soapy water)
• Large empty bottle (optional, if you want to make a large batch for later)
• Take your preferred bottle, I do a 3:1 ratio, so 3 water, 1 soap (in whatever measurements you want to do)
• I took a bottle I wanted to use and marked 1/4 of it as the ‘soap fill line’ and the rest with water. Marking where the soap line is will make it a lot easier for you to measure in the future.
• Once you filled it with soap and water, flip it upside down and back a few times to mix them together. Don’t shake the bottle because it’ll cause it to foam up.
• Fill your foam soap dispenser up and go clean your hands!
Seriously, that’s how freaking easy it is. I bought the soap dispenser for about $2.99 + tax and the soap refill for about $4.99 + tax. I got this back in Oct 2018 and I’ve been using it since. It’s been about 4ish months and I’m still going strong with at least half or even a bit more of the soap refill left and I think it can last the rest of the year. I refill about 2 of these soap dispensers in two different bathrooms, but one of the bathroom doesn’t get used as often so I’m not refilling that often, BUT only spending roughly $11-$12 and it has lasted the past 4-5 months and probably the rest of the year or more for 2 bathrooms isn’t bad at all. I used to buy the bath and body works hand soap, love the scents and colors, but I spent so much on it and I would run through it every 1.5-2 months. What a waste (to be honest) for just cleaning my hands after using the bathroom that you’ll end up using a few times a day PLUS the other people in your household!! Ever since I tried this method (no soap brand pun intended ;D), I don’t think I’d ever go back to spending that much on hand soap. One thing I’d do though is, updating the foam soap dispenser to a glass soap dispenser. Maybe a mason jar and finding a foam pump adaptor!
You can find some of the products on Amazon for easier access if you’re not near a target.
Hand soap: https://amzn.to/2BMWYZN
Dish soap refill: https://amzn.to/2IA8Fst
Mason jar foam soap dispenser: https://amzn.to/2U8ebUG
LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS IF YOU’VE TRIED THIS AND IF IT HAS CHANGED YOUR LIFE! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING IT THIS WAY? IF YOU FIND THIS HELPFUL, DON’T FORGET TO LIKE AND SHARE!
Disclaimer: The links above are amazon affiliated links. I will make a teeny tiny commission if you click the link and purchase something. This helps me continue to blog!